- To create, develop, implement, utilize and sustain information and computing infrastructure that is in line with World schools’ vision, mission and strategies.
- To enhance academic services and processes through the maintenance of integrated management information system applications that are real-time which increases the efficiency and effectiveness of the Schools’ administrative processes.
- To implement other management measures that facilitates learning and information systems to support self-starters and ICT
- To assist the users in understanding and utilizing the full range of information services that will be made available and to foster the acquisition of skills necessary for independent learning.
- To provide the School Executives with ICT intelligence to support good decision making on service development.
- To prioritize and plan appropriate staff development and recruitment to respond to changes in service provision and delivery.
- To support the Schools in attracting, developing and retaining competent technical staff.
This Document is the property of HiKey. All un-authorized use, presentation, copy, reproduction or storage in a retrieval system is prohibited.
At a Workshop on Strategies for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Development for Schools, Research and Higher Educational Institutions in Nigeria organized by the Association of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities (AVCNU), it was agreed that ICT is essential for:
- Providing opportunities for Student and Staff exchange
- Supporting collaborative research among Nigerian Students, Research and Higher Educational Institutions (in addition to collaborative research with others)
- Sharing of experiences and best practices